Hot & cold stone massage
The perfect muscle tension and pain reliever!
Comforting and deeply relaxing! If you’re looking for a stress-busting treatment designed to relax and unwind, there’s nothing better than a hot stone massage. Popular for its ability to soothe both mind and body, the hot & cold stone massage uses a combination of gentle oils, essential oils and natural stones in a bid to ease muscle tension, improve circulation and promote well-being. Bliss has never sounded so good...
Hot stone massage is an ancient practice dating back thousands of years, and involves the use of flat, heated stones (basalt stones) placed on key spots across your body. We will complete the technique by placing gemstones on the energy points (chakras) in order to harmonize your energy flow and re-balance body, mind and soul.
The premise behind hot stone massage is that the direct heat and weight of the stones warm and relaxes muscles, allowing work deeper using lighter pressure without causing discomfort. The warmth is soothing for people who tend to feel chilly.
I use hot and cold stones alternatively, a technique which takes advantage of the benefits of both heat and cold. The contrasting temperatures expand and constrict the blood vessels, leading to increased movement of fluids within the body, increased removal of toxins and lymphatic drainage.
Certain people are naturally “hotter” and might prefer cooler things to feel more comfortable. A cold stone massage is perfect for the coolness and invigoration that they seek. Athletes who have sustained injuries can also benefit from a cold stone massage. Cold constricts the blood vessels in the body and which alleviates swelling. It promotes healing and reduces pain in the injured muscles and tissues. Promoting deep relaxation and easing muscle tension are not the unique benefits that a Hot & Cold Stone Massage can provide, these are further benefits:
- Provides relief from pain associated with fibromyalgia, arthritis, hypertension, carpal tunnel syndrome and other chronic or autoimmune conditions
- Releases toxins & improves skin appearance, cellular regeneration
- Improves blood circulation and flow of energy
- Reduce swelling and inflammation, decreases muscle spasms
- Promote deep relaxation, reduces stress & anxiety
- Relieves pain and tension created by strained and contracted muscles
- Promotes better sleep, meditative effects
- Emotional balance, self-esteem, inner peace & mental clarity
- Energy boosting, stimulating & invigorating
- Some facial benefits of cold stones include: reducing puffy eyes, reduce under eye bags and dark circles, reduce nasal swelling and sinus inflammation
- Menstrual discomfort like bloating and pain due to cramps is relieved by cold stones.
This massage will leave you feeling fully refreshed and ready to go in no time!